If you would like to donate to support the work of the Trust in general then please click the donate button below. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support.
The Sayers Croft Trust is currently fundraising for the following projects and improvements. If you would like to donate money for a specific project then please use the links below.
If you would like more information on a particular project, or would like to find out more about volunteering please see the information below or contact the Community Education Officer.
Education Days for Disadvantaged Children
Coronavirus has had a massive impact on the education of every child across the country. It is widely acknowledged that children with existing financial or social disadvantage have been affected most by the schools closing. We are working with schools to offer holiday club and educational day visits for pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds at our lovely centre. All donations will go directly towards the running costs of these days, providing subsidised or free days for those most in need.
Goal: £1000Raised: £0
Nature Reserve signs and map
We have just opened our nature reserve up to the public for all of the local community to enjoy. We would love to update our map, and install some signposts to guide people round the woodpecker walk. All donations will go towards the design, materials and installations for the signs.
Goal: £1000Raised: £165
If you know of a project close to your heart that you think we could help with please contact the Community Education Officer.
The Sayers Croft Trust is a registered charity with the aim of involving the local community, especially young people, in the enjoyment and care of the environment. By working in partnership with the Sayers Croft field centre, the Trust offers a huge variety of outdoor, educational and conservation activities.
A volunteer with the Sayers Croft Trust would get:
- A varied and interesting time during which you will develop a range of skills
- Full involvement in the educational work of the Trust
- An opportunity to increase responsibility for activities once sufficiently trained
- An exciting, innovative and developing environment
After showing commitment to volunteering we may also offer training in:
- First Aid - Certificated Outdoor first aid qualification
- Training and coaching in environmental and outdoor education
- In house training and qualifications in activities and group leadership
- Insets on a variety of teaching techniques and skills
- Additional skills/interests/experience
Our volunteers are valued members of our team who add value to our programmes and we are extremely grateful for each and every person who volunteers their time.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- An interest or experience in environmental and outdoor education or practical conservation
- Good communication skills
- The commitment to work hard in the environmental sector
- Experience of or an interest in working with children
- An interest in spending time in the outdoors whatever the activity
- Artistic or creative skills
- A basic standard of computer literacy
If you would like more information about becoming a volunteer for the Sayers Croft Trust please contact the Community Education Officer.