Sayers Croft, Cranleigh Road, Ewhurst, GU67SS
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm. Sat-Sun By Appointment
01483 275 541
Sayers Croft Field Centre was built in 1939 as part of the Camp Schools Programme to provide an educational base for city children to visit and learn about the countryside. However, at the outbreak of World War II the following year, the centre became home to evacuees from Catford Central Boys School in London, many of whom spent four years at Sayers Croft and remember it fondly.
After the war the centre returned to its original purpose, to provide residential visits for schools where children could study science, geography and a wealth of other hands-on subjects in the natural environment.
The centre still has all of the original buildings as well as original air raid shelters but a lot has changed in 70 years!